A beautiful and frank discussion of what “ascension” can and does mean to one human being, celebrating that long sought after “ping.”
Gestational age: 5 weeks and 0 days until 5 weeks and 6 days old. 36–42 days from last menstruation.
Embryonic age: Week nr 4. 3 weeks old. 22–28 days from fertilization.
- The embryo measures 4 mm (1/8 inch) in length and begins to curve into a C shape.
- The heart bulges, further develops, and begins to beat in a regular rhythm. Septum primum appears.
- Pharyngeal arches, grooves which will form structures of the face and neck, form.
- The neural tube closes.
- The ears begin to form as otic pits.
- Arm buds and a tail are visible.
- Pulmonary primordium, the first traits of the lung appear.
- Hepatic plate, the first traits of the liver appear.
- Buccopharyngeal membrane ruptures. This is the future mouth.
- Cystic diverticulum, which will become the gallbladder, and dorsal pancreatic bud, which will become the pancreas appear.
- Urorectal septum begins to form. Thus, the rectal and urinary passageways become separated.
- Anterior and posterior horns differentiate in the spinal cord.
- Spleen appears.
- Ureteric buds appear.